Subscribe:

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

How To Prevent Blogger-Blogpot Blogs from Redirecting

How To Prevent Blogger-Blogpot Blogs from Redirecting

It is a big problem for blogger blog owner. Google, has recently started redirecting Blogger/ Blogspot blogs to country specific domains. For example, if you open abc.blogspot.com in your browser, you might be redirected to abc.blogspot.co.uk if you are located in UK or to abc.blogspot.in if you are located in India.

Google mainly implemented this feature to have selective censorship - i.e, Google can now block a Blogger blog in one country but still make it available in other countries.
world map

It may cost you some Google juice as external websites may link to your country-specific pages.

If you think redirection isn't a good idea, you can add the following code to your Blogger template and it will ensure that your visitors are served with your .com blog irrespective of their location.

Follow the steps below to add the code:

1. Go to Blogger Dashboard  > Template.

2. Click the “Edit HTML” then “Proceed.”

3. Paste the following code into the template after the <head> tag.
<script type="text/javascript">
var blog = document.location.hostname;
var slug = document.location.pathname;
var ctld = blog.substr(blog.lastIndexOf("."));
if (ctld != ".com") {
var ncr = "http://" + blog.substr(0, blog.indexOf("."));
ncr += ".blogspot.com/ncr" + slug;
window.location.replace(ncr);
}
</script>


4. Click Save Template button and View your blog. It will no longer redirect your blog to country specific URLs.

Note: Implementing this code may affect your Blogs Template Designer. If you would like to make any customizations to your blog's template make sure you remove this piece of code and customize. Once you're done, add the code.


So, if you want you can use this way. Thanks......

1 comments:

Post a Comment

About Administrator

Hi, I am Eather Ahmed. I am so fond of new era computing. I like computer. I like it’s all magic. I want so much to earn a lot of money. And my one wish is earning from computer or

Eather Ahmed

internet. I want to create a game and earn a lot of money. Please help me about this matter. Because I am a Bangladeshi and in our country, we can’t do it all comfortably. And one thing, please bless me for this ambition.

And one thing is that you can also hire me as a freelancer. If you don’t like my work, you will not pay me. I am a Web designer, Graphic designer, SEO expert and I also fluent in English.

So, why you are waiting, hire me and get your work best from all.

Thanks...